Happy New Year everyone, may 2014 be a cracker for us all! I know that I feel smug not waking up with a hangover & was hoping for a lovely new year’s day run, but the weather is appalling. I am not sure I will be of stern enough stuff to venture out whilst it’s gusty & with driving rain…let’s hope it recedes so that I can feel even more virtuous & work off all that cake!!
So a mini review I thought would set the new year off in the spirit I intend to go on. And I have to inform you that oh yes, the winter bikini is finished (ie my Sewlution).
I shall save the write up for a later post, but here’s the evidence…
— Scruffybadger (@Scruffybadgerti) December 31, 2013
Or put it another way, here’s today’s pose:
Moving on then, what was my 2013 wardrobe filled with? The only bought item of clothing I succumbed to last year was one cute cardigan, purchased in November. That’s all. All the other wardrobe fillers were made by me (including unaccounted for knickers & vests):
In numbers (I can’t help feeling it sounds a lot broken down this way):
- 14 Skirts
- 13 tops
- 13 dresses (just one above the planned one per month, so pleased with that)
- 4 pairs of trousers
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 3 pairs of leggings
- 1 bikini
- 2 coats
- 1 kimono
- 5 jackets/ cardigans/ hoodie ( to be blogged)
- 1 slip (yet to be blogged).
Makes I’m most pleased with (couldn’t quite keep it to a top 5!) :
- My Peplum Charlotte skirt
- Sewaholic Robson Trench
- Lolita Spearmint Coat
- All of my Chardon skirts (1, 2 & 3)
- Baggy trousers – Vogue 8836
- My striped Laurel top
- and my seaside dress – Simplicity 2444.
I’ve also really enjoyed pattern testing a number of new patterns this year. Those you know about so far:
In my running life, 2013 has seen me…
- Run 144 times and a distance of 943 miles over 157 hours 28 minutes. (How I love stats like this!! makes we want to go out & add some more to the numbers!)
- Used nearly 107,000 calories (how many cakes is that?)
- Finish 12 races (1 in fancy dress as you can see, setting a landspeed record).
- Including training & finishing my first marathon & two half marathons.
I don’t know what 2014 has in store for me, but it will be better than 2013. I know that I shall keep running & sewing, blogging & hopefully meeting up a bit more with other like-minded people (I need to recognise that I am a Spoolette!). Running-wise – in my sights is the Bath Half which is only 8 weeks away – yikes! Better get on track for that! And a ski holiday is booked & not too far away either. M.E.G.A.
The warmest biggest HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. Thanks for being there in 2013 & looking forward to a fun filled 2014 if you stick around xo