Live as I write ….what’s captivating me?

This is what I am working on now, right this minute.

Follow the link for details of Simplicity 2154.

I’m making the sleeveless bow blouse.  Give it an “ooooh” – it’s in polka dot poly chiffon…..more from Birmingham Rag Market.  This is my machine sewing, the 1940s Minnado Dress is destined for finishing this weekend too…..

So much am I enjoying the therapy provided by sewing…much needed this week.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Till next time

Scruffy Badger xx

22 thoughts on “Live as I write ….what’s captivating me?

1. Sue

I’m so excited to see how your Simplicity 2154 blouse turns out! I’ve had this pattern for a while and have been meaning to sew it up – it’s too adorable not to – but have managed to put it off for some time now. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you. :)

2. Sherry

Ooh it’s going to be very cute – I can see it on you already!
    Are you going to make the jacket too? I’m making a similar one at the moment – well, I should be but there are sewing blogs to read first, right?!

Thanks Sherry – yes! Lots of distractions! I’m going to try the cardigan out I think, when I’ve got some suitable fabric. The jacket is also lovely though – LOVE the sleeve length

Simplicity 2154 looks so cute and as if it will suit you. I am thinking how fab it will look with the red trousers! I hope you are okay…and the sewing therapy is working. xx

Thanks Debbie …I’ve not got to the internet much, but have managed some sewing this week …..& yes I am really looking forward to pairing it with my red trousers too…quite happy to wait though whilst this weather is here :-)

That looks as if it’s going to be lovely. I do love a bow at the neck of a blouse at the moment. Even better if it’s polka dot too!

5. Kat

You can’t go wrong with a bit of polka dot! I really need to visit the market at Birmingham especially since it’s not far from where I am…sounds like a brilliant place to buy fabric and I keep swooning over all your purchases!!!

I dont know how I would control myself if I lived closer….it really is a top place for fabric ….there are already some fabrics I wish I’d bought/ bought more of …you lucky thing living nearby

While fumbling through my vast array of patterns, looking in vain for the particular one that I really really really want to use for some trousers, I found a twin to this pattern — even down to the pillbox hat on the pattern illustration. Some nice lady in Indiana sewed this up for herself in 1963, according to the notes jotted on the envelope. I plan to suggest this outfit to my 22-year-old daughter as suitable wear for teaching high schoolers this fall, just to see the expression on her face before she realizes I am not serious. She is entirely too gullible for her own good.

That’s a brilliant find Lin! I reckon it would have added kudos though if she knew it was the original that repro patterns (very popular with modern day sewsters are using) have been drafted from ….I love it! (Not the hat for me though ;-) )

7. Joy

Look forward to seeing your make. I have this pattern and love it, but can’t think how to pick the right fabrics for “me”.

8. Pingback: Simplicity 2145 Bow blouse in polka dot chiffon